Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Tribute to Jager

So, this is a month late..

Our sweet Jager died at the beginning of October. It was such a sad day. We had our sweet Jager for 8 years. We got him when Brent and I first married. He was our 'first born'. Jager was the best dog you could have. He was small, and could go anywhere with us, but had the personality and heart of a big dog. He loved being outside and in the country, chasing animals and looking for things. He was so good with the kids and loved everyone. He was so laid back and easy. You wouldn't even know we had a pet.
Towards the end, he wasn't able to move his hind legs and started walking funny. He would run into things and get stuck under things. He was already a laid back dog, but at the end, he barely moved. We new something was wrong and took him to our vet, but his blood work came back looking normal. She gave us some steroids to try with him, to see if it would increase his appetite. Over the weekend he just got worse. We knew we were probably going to have to put him down the following Monday. I was praying for wisdom on how to do it: let the kids come with us, or do it while they were at school. Thankfully, I didn't have to make that decision. He slowly passed Sunday night and finally went early Monday morning. Brent and I were with him the whole time. We got to say goodbye and encourage him. Prayerfully, we will see him again in heaven! I told him to pick a house with a big backyard!






No comments: