Monday, August 27, 2012

First week of Kinder

We have our first week of Kindergarten behind us! I still can't believe it. It went by fast. Ezra loves his class and teacher. He is excited to go and is still excited when he comes home. On Thursday, after I picked him up from school, he looked at me and said, "Mom, this just wears me out." Ha. Poor little guy. I can't imagine if we had put him in a full time school setting. This is the first year that he has gone to school this long of a time period. He likes it, but he loves being home too. That is what makes this setting perfect for us!

Tuesday he went to school with his class and teacher. Wednesday was our first homeschool day. It went well, also. Ezra woke up at 7am and came to my side of the bed. He said, "Mom, I am ready to do school. Are you ready?" Ha! So cute. I told him, "maybe I could wake up first and we could eat breakfast." So, we got up, ate breakfast and then did our work. It takes us about an hour to do his work each homeschool day. So far it has worked out this way. It helps that Emersyn and Elynn sleep till 8-830 still. This gives Ezra one on one time to do work with no interruptions. Thursday he went to school again and Friday we homeschooled. Friday was nice, because, we did part of his work, then, put Math on hold due to a scheduled birthday party for Emersyn. While Emersyn was at her birthday party (they went to see Aladdin at The Magik Theater), Ezra, Elynn and I headed to The Children's Museum. It was a great morning. We picked Emersyn up from her party, headed home, put the girls down for a nap and finished school. LOVE IT!

Hopefully the rest of the year works out this great!

No comments: